Turkey & Spinach Lasagna
November 23, 2015
- 4 tbsps butter
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 small onion
- 1 package sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups or 1 can chicken broth
- 2 bunches of spinach or 1 package of frozen spinach
- 2 cups leftover turkey
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 box of no-boil lasagna noodles or about 8-10 cooked noodles
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a non-stick Skillet melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add your sliced mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cook until slightly browned making sure to stir occasionally. Once done set to the side.
- In a large saucepan melt the rest of the butter. Add the flour and whisk with butter; let it cook for about a minute. Slowly whisk in milk and chicken broth until everything is well blended. Cook the sauce until it thickens and begins to boil making sure to stir occasionally. Let the sauce boil for about two minutes.
- Spray your glass or ceramic baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread about 1/2 cup of sauce on the bottom of baking dish. Arrange 2 noodles over sauce, overlapping to fit or adding more noodles depending on dish. Top evenly with half of spinach, and half of turkey meat, add then 1/2 cup sauce. With 1/4 cup Parmesan sprinkle over everything. Repeat with Noodles, Mushroom mixture, 3/4 cup mozzarella, then 1/2 cup sauce. For a final layer top with noodles, remaining spinach and turkey, then 3/4 cup sauce, and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Arrange remaining noodles on top, add remaining sauce over noodles to cover and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Spray sheet of foil with nonstick cooking spray and cover baking dish. Bake lasagna 30 minutes. Remove foil after the 30 minutes and continue baking for about 15 minutes longer or until the lasagna is hot and bubbly in the center and lightly browned on top.
- Let Stand for 15 minutes before serving.